Science News for Students – Science has always intrigued mankind. The co-relation of science with nature is also fascinating. It re-kindles our imagination into achieving so much more in life. The heat generated by an asteroid was enough to demolish dinosaurs out of the world. Global warming can cause human extinction. It can cause trees to catch up the fire for no apparent reason. Human inhabitation and the selfish aspect of mankind to hunt poor animals have led to this plaguing situation.
But there are several fascinating aspects of science. Newer technologies are developed to treat cancer. Newer herbs are being discovered to treat various diseases. You need to outweigh, the positives and the negatives, to impound the impact science has, on each of our lives.
In this segment, we have come up with several techniques on how your kids can develop an inherent interest in science. You also have some interesting info on the latest news about science and tech.
In this online guide, we are going to have a look at some of the vital segments of science. Getting a glimpse into Science news for students, you can open their doors of wisdom and intellect.
Science News for Students
Catch up with the news
Science News for students is an online portal that gives a glimpse of various latest theories on science. You can subscribe to the portal so that the latest happenings pop up into your inbox as well. Catching up with the latest news on scientific theories can bring the kids several steps, closer to nature. You can allow the compassionate nature of the future generation to save our planet from further degradation.
Allowing your kids to participate in science fairs or exhibitions can provide them with exposure like none other. As parents or teachers, you can collect resources from the library or even help them design their own exhibits. The students can write research papers or collaterals, about the same. They also need to demonstrate the functionality of their demo exhibits. This is done in front of the panel judges who will judge them on several parameters.
Study Spectrum dot com
Study Spectrum dot com is a unique online portal that students, teachers, and even online tutors can have access to. It is a completely free portal, and you can stay logged in for hours. Latest news, happenings, and videos are uploaded from time to time. You have more than 650 videos on Science, Mathematics, and English. You can have access to these videos via YouTube. As it is a free online channel, you just pay for the Wi-Fi connectivity. Simultaneously your knowledge base also improves. Home-schooling kids will find the subject related lectures immensely useful.
This is a fun and innovative way of learning science fiction and various types of stuff under the sun. You can subscribe to magazines related to science fiction or newer technologies. Some of these magazines come to you in an online format.
While even online subscriptions come to you at a reasonable price, you can download the book in a PDF format and keep going through the latest updates from time to time. Hence magazine subscriptions are yet another way to re-kindle your kid’s imagination in science/technology.
A lot of Discovery channel videos get uploaded on YouTube. You have videos on how animals mate or give birth to little ones. You have videos on how elephants survived by fighting against its predators. Videos on how erratic climate changes can alter life on Earth. You can view these videos online. Else subscribe with a trustworthy video library online. Minimal subscription charges may or may not apply. Evolving videos give a visual representation of how science evolves and how discoveries are made.
Let us quickly have a re-cap into the latest updates in Science and Technology. The points will be bulleted for an easier degree of understanding:
- A new method of detecting colon cancer has been discovered. This is by inserting a miniature-robot capsule named ‘Sonopill.’ It could replace the need for patients to undergo an endoscopic examination. The capsule detects abnormal growths where cancer cells are present. This is one of the most phenomenal breakthroughs in the field of medical science. Over a decade of research, done by a team of scientists, across the world, this has been made possible.
- Earth’s heavy and element rich metals like gold and platinum comes to you via a Supernova Explosion. These are also known as Collapsers. There are stars in the cosmic space 30 times as heavy as the sun. These explode element rich metals into the Earth’s Stratosphere using a rigorous gravitational force.
- If you consume fatty fish that is devoid of environmental pollutants, you get a protective layer against your body developing a type 2 Diabetes. Consumption of polluted fish can accelerate the chances of you developing insulin deficiency disorder. While consuming rich-fish free from pollutants can reduce the chances of you developing a Type 2 Diabetes.
- There was an interesting science discovery that was led by the British Antarctic Survey team. It examined 3000 marine fossils from Antarctica. It reveals how the marine species escaped extinction post the wiping out of dinosaurs about 66 million years ago. Extinction of these gigantic mammals brought about a paradigm shift in the way climate change operates.
- Winds prevent sea-birds from accessing their habitats- i.e., nests formed by them. Sea-birds often live in windy and remote places. These species choose to form their nests above steep cliffs. This is mainly because they don’t want their chicks to get dislodged by land-based predators. Research studies further indicate that most of these sea-birds or their little ones land safely while the winds are still. 60% of their attempts fail when there is a strong breeze.
We have thus seen two important segments on how science news for students can mold the younger and sharper minds better. Tips and ideas about the same have been discussed at length. Plus you also have an insider overview on some of the latest developments in science and technology. This brings us to the end of the episode. Stay tuned for more exciting updates!