You may be wondering if teaching online is another freelancing or Work from Home opportunity. The answer would be yes. But teaching online is one of the fewer opportunities where you open your learning curve too. You also earn substantial income just by teaching online.
Do you know that people often search for top tutors for online classes? Quite a lot of online portals are open for you where you don’t search for your student base. Students automatically come to you. The online agency gives you a slot where students are directed to you. So, you don’t have to put up billboards or banners that you are taking up tuitions or classes. You are already given a set of students to cater to. All you do is sit back and teach. You need to teach with a passion and answer queries that are posted to you from students.
This is going to be a one-shop one-stop know-how guide on how to teach online and earn money in India. Here we go:
Table of Content
- Deeper insights into online tutoring
- Some salient features of online tutoring
- Flexibility to choose desired timeslots
- Payments on an hourly basis
- Minimal requirements
- The comfort of your home
- Cost-effective preposition
- These are some of the most salient features of online tutoring
- Getting started off
- Income Potential
Deeper insights into online tutoring
In the introductory paragraph, you had an overview of what online tutoring is all about. You had a brief understanding of how you go about doing the same. Now, how do you think online tutoring happens? You will be getting into deeper insights on the same.
Here, using an online learning platform, you certify yourself to tutor students. You then use the same virtual environment to teach students. You can teach students using the most innovative tools the learning platform offers you, like video conferencing, Team viewer, Any Desk, etc.
You need not be a teacher, lecturer, or professor to get hands-on to online tutoring. You need a sound knowledge of the subject you would handle. You can clear the preliminary rounds on online tests or written examinations that will test how strong your subject knowledge is. And you are all set to go. This way, you get a substantial second income to make ends meet. You can make use of assistive tools and start teaching with a virtual face to face interaction.
Some salient features of online tutoring
You had a gist of what the concept is all about. You also had seen deeper insights into how you technically move around. Here comes the third interesting segment. You will understand what the salient features of this method of teaching are.
Flexibility to choose desired timeslots
Most of the online teaching portals ask you for your preferred time slots. You may be a busy mom who is juggling two small kids. Mornings may be busy for you. You can select timeslots at your own convenience. In other words, when you know you would be free during afternoons or early evenings, you can choose the time slots accordingly. You can register with websites that provide e-learning for students as well.
Payments on an hourly basis
Most of the online teaching centers pay you on an hourly basis. International sites can pay you in dollars or pounds. You need to create an invoice based on the number of hours you had handled over the month. The amount will be credited to your bank account on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. Some firms offer fixed rates or flat rates for teaching over the month.
You don’t need space to run a booming coaching center. You can start off using the basic infrastructure. All you need is a desktop or a laptop with internet or Wi-Fi connectivity. This way, you are all set to go. If you have doubts about the area of study, you can browse the relevant answers yourself. This way, you can easily handle students who come up with complicated queries. Or want to seek answers to complex theorems.
The comfort of your home
As mentioned above, you need not lease out a complex or a learning center to attract students. Your audiences are going to be online members, after all. Hence, you can take up online tutoring at the comfort of your home.
You don’t have to put up banners, billboards, or create ads to attract students. The students will automatically be allotted to you based on your time slot. Geographical time zones will be looked at if you prefer teaching students of a specific country. Hence you don’t spend a dime on advertising or leasing out premises. You just pay a small margin to the tutoring agency that appointed you. The rest of the money is all yours to keep.
These are some of the most salient features of online tutoring
Getting started off
We are going to have a look at what prerequisites an online tutor would be expected to have. You will also be learning tips and highlighters on how to get started off.
- The online tutor will be expected to have a thorough understanding of computers. He/she must have operational command of Windows 8, 10, and 13. You must know how to install or uninstall software. Plus, you need to operate your desktop or laptop that has a memory processor of 4GB RAM. These are the basic prerequisites you as an online tutor is supposed to have.
- Digital Pen or Writing Pad: Well, this is online software you need to invest money in. In other words, you will have to purchase this particular software. The digital pen or writing pad reveals all the content you wrote on the laptop or computer screen.
- You need to have a thorough knowledge of the subject you are going to handle. For an online English tutor, you need to understand how synonyms, antonyms, and subject-verb agreement work.
- You need to familiarize yourself with the internet tools the online tutoring firm allows you access. You can use PPT slides, notes, etc. to make your lecture delivery, the most effective one.
Online tutoring can provide you with a fabulous second income, as you can earn about 20,000 to 50,000 a month. So, teach and earn online. As you work for limited hours a day, the money earned is a massive one. You can take your holidays or time off work due to the flexibility of slots. You can also opt for a four-day week if you want to concentrate quality time with your kids or family members.
While we talk about the pros, it is also important to be aware of the cons of online tuitions to prepare yourself to teach online and earn money in India.
- Online teaching requires more organizational and discipline skills when it comes to online tuition. Better time management and coordination are critical.
- Online tuitions can be more expensive than traditional methods. Not every child or their parents can afford that amount. Hence, some children might opt-out of this option, and as a teacher, you might miss out on them.
- Beware of scams! With the rise of online tuition, there has been a spike in online scams with tuition too. You often encounter fraud. Therefore, it is advisable to enquire thoroughly to avoid falling into that trap.
- In online learning, things might get hard to explain and decode at times. Difficult subjects seem complex for the teacher to explain and works better for the students to grasp when explained in a face to face interaction.
- Mathematics is a subject where teaching elementary calculations like how to multiply, subtract, divide, etc to a young child virtually can be tricky for a teacher. While they find it hard to explain to the child with actions, the students too find it hard to learn.
- Network issue poses a great challenge in online teaching. Low bandwidth, sudden power outrage many other hindrances can occur while teaching. Hi-speed internet is a prerequisite to online teaching. Even students need to technically sound at least to manage frozen screens or server downtime.
- Lack of personal interaction makes online tuition less interesting to some students which leads to extra efforts from the teacher. Decoding the right attitude, body language, and facial expressions and taking necessary actions need attention from both ends.
So, what are you waiting for? Teach online and earn money in India. There is no barrier of location. You have the entire world before you. Students from any location in India can connect with you and help you earn money by teaching online. Is not it super exciting?
Study Spectrum is an educational portal that encourages like-minded, passionate, and career-driven individuals to share their subject expertise for the benefit of the students via online tutoring. With a user-friendly platform and excellent support team, this is the place where you can start to teach online and earn money in India.